If you are looking for some quick, easy and affordable DIY gift ideas this Christmas there here are a few of my favourites:
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
Looking for a festive and fun way to spread Christmas cheer? Try this fun candy cane scrub made with Peppermint essential oil! This scrub takes only a few ingredients and can easily be customized to your favorite colours and essential oils.
What You Need:
3/4 cup white sugar (you can also use brown sugar or sea salt)
1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil (you could also use almond oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil).
12 drops Peppermint essential oil
Skin safe food coloring
1. Combine sugar and Fractionated Coconut Oil into bowl and divide equally into two bowls.
2. In one bowl, add red food coloring until you get your desired color.
3. Layer the red and white scrub to create a ‘candy cane’ effect.
4. Tie a cute ribbon and tag on the container and you’re done!
Fizzing Bath Bomb
Bath bombs are a fun way to add excitement to your senses while enjoying the benefits of essential oils. They are also entertaining to use, and are loved by both kids and adults alike; because really, who doesn’t love a bath that fizzles?!
Even if you don’t have a bathtub, these bath bombs can still be effective in a shower. The water will help dissolve the bath bomb and release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam.
What you need:
1 cup citric acid*
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup oil (almond oil, olive oil, dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil, etc.)
8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
silicone mold or saran wrap
* citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section
1. In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
2. Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice.
Note: Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. The options are endless. For relaxation, try Lavender or Serenity. For a mood boost, try Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss, or Grapefruit. For a decongestant, try Eucalyptus or Breathe Respiratory Blend.
4. Mix well with a spoon or with your hands until a soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. At this point you could also add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to the mixture. If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until the consistency is right.
5. Put the mixture into a silicone mold. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before removing from mold.
6. If you don’t have a silicone mold, you could use cupcake liners or saran wrap to help mold your bath bombs.
7. The bath bombs are ready to use once they are completely dry. To use, just drop them in the tub/shower until they dissolve.
Bath Salt Ornaments
Disguise an aromatherapy Epsom salt bath treatment as a festive Christmas ornament. When it’s not decorating your tree, this ornament will double as a therapeutic addition to your warm bath. Just take off the top off and pour it in. Customize the colour and aroma of each ornament for everyone on your Christmas list.
What You Need:
Round Plastic Ornaments
1 Cup Epsom Salt (you may need more or less depending on the size of your ornament)
5-10 drops of your favorite dōTERRA essential oil
1. Mix desired amount of Epsom salt in bowl and add some skin-safe colorant if desired.
2. Add dried herbs or flower petals to mixture for color and added aroma.
3. Add the essential oils of your choice; mix well.
4. Add the bath salt to plastic ornaments until full.
5. Once full, put the top of the ornament back on. Quick, easy, and beautiful.
6. When ready to use, add desired amount to warm bath.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can use essential oils for health and happiness, then you can join our online community GREENLIFEOILS.
if you are ready to get started CLICK HER
E for step by step ordering instructions.
Happy and healthy living!
Enter your details below to stay in touch and receive monthly event updates, special offers and healthy living tips. I'm excited to help you on your healhty living journey!