Essential oils are so versatile and make wonderful gifts for everyone, whatever their age. You don’t just need to gift a bottle of oil though...here are some beautiful essential oil gift ideas to make, or if you don’t have much free time scroll down for some ideas that are ready to buy.
Homemade Gift Ideas
Ingredients. Makes three ounces of lip balm / 20 lip balm tubes.
1 ounce beeswax
1 ounce coconut oil
½ ounce shea butter
½ ounce cocoa butter
20 drops Peppermint oil
10 drops Lavender oil
Change the color or scent by using a variety of essential oils. If you want a harder lip balm, add an additional half ounce of beeswax. For a softer lip balm, add an additional half ounce of coconut oil.
Line up empty containers. If using lip balm sticks be sure they are twisted down. Measure butters and oils and place in glass jar.
Fill a large saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add glass jar to center of saucepan.
Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
Once wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit for three minutes then add essential oils.
Pour mixture into lip balm containers and cool (if you would like to make tinted lip balm, move to the next two steps)
Add a pinch of colored mineral makeup until you get your desired color. Stir until combined.
Pour tinted lip balm into containers and let cool.
1/4 cup Fractionate
d Coconut Oil (this remains liquid all year and is odourless)
15 drops of your favourite doTerra essential oil
Reed diffuser sticks (rattan is best, although bamboo skewers will also work)
glass bottle with a small opening
- Mix the coconut oil and essential oils in the bottle, filled approximately three quarters.
- Add the sticks. Flip the sticks over after about an hour to saturate with the scent
The number of sticks to use will vary depending on the size of the room; more sticks mean more scent and faster evaporation of the oils. Rotate the sticks every few days to refresh. When the sticks get dusty or clogged, throw them out and replace.
Microwaveable Hand Warmers
A fab upcycling gift idea as you can recycle old shirts; just be sure to use natural fabrics that are suitable for heating.
You will need:⠀
Essential oil of choice⠀
Cut out two 4 inch x 4 inch squares to make 1 hand warmer. Sew the right sides of the fabric together, leaving a few inches open on one side. Turn fabric right side out. In a medium bowl mix flax seed with essential oil (use three to five drops of oil for every cup of seeds) allow to sit for 5–10 minutes. Use this to fill the hand warmers about ¾ full and then stitch closed. ⠀
Heat hand warmers 25–30 secs in the microwave, allow to sit for about 30 secs then place in pockets to warm your hands.⠀
A natural, leave-in conditioner to nourish and moisturise.Ingredients
2 teaspoons beeswax
1 teaspoon shea butter
3 teaspoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
2 drops Cedarwood oil
2 drops Melaleuca oil
2 drops Rosemary oilInstructions
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oils) in a glass container.
- Place the jar in saucepan with one to two inches of boiling water.
- Stir the ingredients until melted and combined then remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oils, stir and pour the mixture into an empty tin or air-tight glass jar.
- Let balm rest one to two hours before use.
This recipes combines the gorgeous aromas from the oils to enjoy and learn about whilst playing.
2 cups flour
2 cups colored water
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops of essential oils (try Lavender, Wild Orange, Peppermint, Lemon or Rosemary)
- Combine all ingredients, except essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir.
- Once combined, put over medium heat, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball. (Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough). Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
2 tablespoons beeswax
2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
20 drops of your favorite doTerra essential oil or blend
- Add beeswax and Fractionated Coconut Oil to glass jar and place in saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Stir until combined (about 5–10 minutes). Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oil and stir then pour into containers.
- To use, apply small amount to skin. (you can pour perfume into an empty locket or metal container for an extra special gift)
DIY Shower Melts
1 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons distilled water
5–7 drops Grapefruit oil
- Place the essential oil and corn starch into a bowl and mix to a crumbly powder.
- Pour in the distilled water and continue to mix so that clumps begin to form, then continue adding a few drops of water at a time, mixing well.
- When you have a thick paste, transfer the mixture to a mini ice cube tray, smooth out flat and freeze for an hour or until set.
- When they are set place in a jar and store in a cool dry place. If your cubes seem runny store them in the freezer and try a little less water next time you make them.
- To use place one on the floor of the shower and turn on the water to enjoy the aroma of Grapefruit essential oil.
doTerra Gift Ideas
Here are my favourite gifts that you can buy directly from doTerra for Christmas 2020:
Holiday Joy Mug. A festive mug accompanied by the beautiful Holiday Joy essential oil blend, this is the most festive smelling blend; combining Wild Orange, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove and Siberian Fir to celebrate the season.
Cookie Cutters and Wild Orange. Who doesn’t love the smell of this wonderful oil and combined with the Christmas shaped cutters it is perfect for people new to doTerra oils who love to bake.
Chocolate Making Kit and Peppermint. SOLD OUT. This has been so popular it has already sold out. You could always make your own version with some silicon chocolate moulds and of course the most delicious bottle of doTerra Peppermint, a great gift for chocolate lovers.
Slipper Set. Cosy slippers combined in a gift with a bottle of Serenity Touch and Balance Touch. I love this combination, it’s perfect for someone who needs to take more time out and relax (we all have friends who need to do this more!)
If you would like more ideas you are invited my free virtual wellness summit on 7th November at 11.30am BST with some wonderful ladies chatting all about Winter Wellness and Christmas Gift Ideas. If you would like to join us you just need to book your place. Follow the events link below. I can't wait to see you there.⠀
If you’d like to learn more about how you can use essential oils for health and happiness, then you can join our online community GREENLIFEOILS
or attend one of our events.
if you are ready to get started CLICK HERE
for step by step ordering instructions.
Happy and healthy living!
Please remember that these are powerful oils and supplements and shouldn’t be used without checking directions on how to use these safely. Always consult with your doctor if you are unsure or you are taking medication. The information in this blog is intended for education purposes only, the statements have not been evaluated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Theraputic Good Association (TGA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a medical practitioner. These suggested uses applu only to certified Pure Theraputic Grade (CPTG) Doterra Essential Oils.