I love it when new products are launched and I am pretty excited about all of the fabulous new doTerra products that have just been launched in different parts of the world. With all of these oils come some fabulous new benefits and uses, so here is a summary of the new products that you can now start to enjoy.
New Products Available in Australia and Europe (and USA in 2019)
Citronella, Celery Seed and Adaptiv
Harvested from the leaf of a tall grass native to Asia, Citronella essential oil has a crisp, fresh aroma and is both a natural pest repellent and can be used to cleanse surfaces. You are probably already familiar with the citrus scent if you have used any kind of natural insect repellent. It's the perfect travelling companion when venturing into the great outdoors. The oil works by masking the human scent that insects find irresistible.
Oil components include citronellol and geraniol, which are good for cleaning surfaces in and outside the home. When inhaled, Citronella promotes happy, positive feelings. Applied topically, it can be soothing to the skin and scalp, especially for tissue discomfort or irritation. Here are a few uses you could try out:
- Apply to skin with fractionated Coconut Oil for use as a topical insect repellent
- Add three to four drops to water to clean surfaces
- You can diffuse this oil to promote positive feelings
- Use in shampoo and conditioner to boost cleansing while adding shine
- Use it with your favourite face wash and as a natural cleanser for the skin
A good combination is cilantro and tea tree together, along with the citronella for healthy toenails. It also blends really well with wood essential oils.
Celery Seed Oil
Supports the nervous and digestive systems and can be used for its cleansing properties both internally and externally. This oil has a high concentration of Limonene, the same as citrus peel and fir needle oils. Here are a few benefits:
- Supports cardiovascular system
- Support good healthy metabolics in the body
- Supports good oral health and hygiene and teeth
- Calming to the nervous system
- Supports a healthy immune response
- Supports respiratory system
- Soothing for digestive issues
- Relaxing and soothing for sore muscles and aching joints when taken internally
Celery Seed essential oil has been shown to be a powerful antioxidant and has good surface cleaning properties, here are a few uses you could try out:
- Add a drop to a glass of water in the morning to promote healthy digestion
- Add three to four drops to warm bath water to help you relax
- Apply to skin with fractionated Coconut Oil and use for a soothing massage
- Pop a drop in your cooking to add flavour instead of using celery stalks
Adaptiv Oil and Roller
I LOVE this oil! It is such a powerful calming blend that helps to manage anxious feelings and everyday stress. I’m using it every day to help me feel calmer and happier.
Often symptoms of stress can be felt physically with symptoms such as headaches and a lack of energy. DoTerra Adaptiv is designed to help in difficult or stressful situations to boost your mood, support healthy emotional responses, stabilise your hormones and reduce tension for those moments when it all feels overwhelming. This blend contains a unique phytochemical ingredient found in Sceletium Extract that brings a feeling of “alert serenity”. Try out some of these uses:
- Diffuse to promote a centred and calm mindset
- Add one to two drops to the palm of your hands, rub together, and inhale to help manage anxious feelings
- Blend 3-4 drops in fractionated coconut oil for a relaxing massage
New for Australia (and USA in 2019)
Helichrysum Touch, Black Spruce, Lemon Eucalyptus, Lemon Myrtle, Kids Collection
Also known as the Immortal Flower. Helichrysum essential oil is used in many anti-ageing, skincare products and can help with wrinkles and age spots. It also has excellent skin cell rejuvenating properties, here are a few uses you could try out:
- Apply the oil directly to your face or add a few drops to your favourite moisturiser to promote a youthful glow.
- Helichrysum oil can also soothe razor bumps and other post-shaving irritations.
- If you've been out in the sun too long, Helichrysum Touch can be used to calm sensitised skin.
“Helichrysum touch is so convenient. I use it on my tween when she bruises herself.” Mischa
A woody oil that can provide soothing relief to the skin when used topically, is relaxing and calming to the emotions when diffused and can help to ease feelings of congestion. Here are a few uses you could try out:
- After strenuous activity, combine one to two drops of Black Spruce with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into the skin for soothing comfort.
- When working through difficult circumstances, diffuse Black Spruce to help reduce stress.
- Add a few drops of Black Spruce to your DIY surface cleaner for an earthy scent and increased surface cleansing.
- Apply topically to the skin to help soothe minor irritations.
Known for its fresh and invigorating aroma. It is known for cleansing the air and has an uplifting and invigorating aroma. Antioxidants in Lemon Eucalyptus also support the skin. Try one of these uses:
- Add to a spray bottle to cleanse surfaces and refresh any room.
- Diffuse to encourage a positive environment with a bright, fresh scent.
- Add one to two drops to the palm of your hands, rub together, and inhale to uplift and brighten your day.
- Add a couple of drops of Lemon Eucalyptus to your favourite cleanser.
- Blend 3-4 drops in fractionated coconut oil for a soothing, uplifting massage.
Has a long tradition as a herbal solution. Lemon Myrtle is first and foremost cleansing, but it also pro
motes feelings of positivity and calm. Here are a few uses you could try out:
- For a DIY all-purpose cleaner, add several drops of Lemon Myrtle and Wild Orange to a spray bottle with water and white vinegar.
- Diffuse to help clear and purify the air while supporting feelings of wellbeing.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or moisturiser for boosted purifying properties and added fragrance.
These six colour-coded proprietary pre-diluted rollerball blends are the perfect way to safely introduce your children to the benefits of essential oils. You can find out more about each of these fabulous oil blends and their different uses on my essential oils for children blog
New for Europe
Yarrow Pom Body Renewal Serum
Yarrow Pom Body Renewal Serum
Yarrow Pom is a unique blend of Yarrow essential oil and cold-pressed Pomegranate seed oil that revitalises the skin and helps to support the skins natural barrier to prevent the breakdown of proteins, that is part of our skin ageing. This special blend activates protecting proteins within the skin in order to protect the complexion from enzymes that breakdown collagen and elasticity.
This new Yarow Pom Body Renewal Serum is packed with powerful bioactive compounds and skin-protecting proteins to revitalise your skin. The serum also contains other oils such as Avocado oil which reduces skin water loss, giving smoother, more youthful-looking skin, as well as Jojoba, Sunflower, Grape, and Argan Kernel oils which provide deep moisturising benefits and help prevent premature signs of ageing. Coffee Seed Extract and Pomegranate esters help enhance skin luminosity and improve the appearance of firm skin.
I absolutely love this serum and smells amazing!
For some more Webvention highlights and more detailed information on these new oils, you can also join these groups:
If you have tried any of these oils yet then please do comment below and share how they have helped you!
If you’d like to learn more about how you can use essential oils for health and happiness, then you can join our online community GREENLIFEOILS.
if you are ready to get started CLICK HERE
for step by step ordering instructions.
Happy and healthy living!
Please remember that these are powerful oils and supplements and shouldn’t be used without checking directions on how to use these safely. Always consult with your doctor if you are unsure or you are taking medication.
The information in this blog is intended for education purposes only, the statements have not been evaluated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Theraputic Good Association (TGA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a medical practitioner. These suggested uses applu only to certified Pure Theraputic Grade (CPTG) Doterra Essential Oils.
Enter your details below to stay in touch and receive monthly event updates, special offers and healthy living tips. I'm excited to help you on your healhty living journey!